Zuppa Toscana Soup is one of my most popular soup recipes, a healthy spin on a restaurant classic. This skinny Zuppa Toscana soup is lightened up with cauliflower and sweet turkey sausage! It’s brought together in 30 minutes!
Zuppa Toscana Soup
This is one of the tastiest, most comforting soups on a chilly day! This skinny Zuppa Toscana soup is lightened up with cauliflower and sweet turkey sausage. Everyone will want more!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh kale thinly sliced
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Remove the casing off of the sausage, and cut each link half lengthwise, then cut into slices. In a medium sauté pan sprayed with cooking spray, add sausage, garlic, and onions. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the sausage and onions turn lightly golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add cauliflower florets and chicken stock to the stockpot, and bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until cauliflower is tender, 5 – 8 minutes.
- Remove half of the cauliflower mixture and add to a blender, Make sure to add some of the broth to move the mixture around. Puree until smooth.
- Add back to the pot and add the kale, parmesan, milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Heat through, until the cream cheese is melted. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately with the bacon crumbled on top.