This Sweet Creamy Coleslaw recipe is always a favorite side dish to serve at a bbq or Summer gathering. So creamy with a perfect amount of sweetness – this is the only coleslaw recipe you’ll ever need!
Try the coleslaw as a side dish at your next cookout or as a refreshing topping on your sandwiches! A must have picnic side dish, this Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe is ready in minutes with just a handful of ingredients.
Homemade Sweet Creamy Coleslaw
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage use fresh green cabbage or a mix of green and purple cabbage
- sliced green onions for garnish optional
- Add the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper to a mason jar and shake until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the shredded cabbage, shredded carrots and red onion to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well until full coated in the dressing.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and serve.