These Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken thighs are so delicious, and so easy to make. The skin gets perfectly crispy using this simple cooking method. They’re awesome for meal prepping, or for an easy weeknight dinner.
The cilantro lime flavor of these Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken thighs is my favorite thing about them, aside from how juicy they turn out! Chicken thighs are one of my favorite cuts of chicken because they can get crispy on the outside but still come out juicy and tender.
Super Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili (or peppeflakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 bone-in skin-on (or ofchicken thighs
- Fresh cilantro leaves to serve
- Lime slices or wedges to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil together with the lime juice, chopped cilantro, chili flakes, garlic, sugar and cumin. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate thighs for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the thighs along with any marinade left over in the bowl, and sear chicken -- skin-side down -- for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy (chicken will not be fully cooked).
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime slices or wedges.
- Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice, and drizzle with the pan juices.