These tender, juicy Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Sandwiches are the perfect game day grub but make an excellent choice for any day of the week. This makes a sandwich similar to one I used to get at a local restaurant when I lived in a suburb of Chicago. My all time favorite! Serve on crusty rolls with roasted sweet or hot peppers, if desired.
In all seriousness though this is the easiest dinner I think I’ve ever made. You literally whisk the sauce together, pour it over the meat, let it cook in the crockpot all day and then shred and enjoy. And the amount of cooking you do? Zilch. Unless you count shredding as cooking.
Shredded Beef Sandwiches Slow Cooker
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or 1 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3-4 pound boneless chuck roast
- hamburger buns for serving
- extra bbq sauce for serving
- Combine celery, onion, ketchup, bbq sauce, water, vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add roast in slow cooker and cover. Cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours, or until meat is very tender - falling apart.
- Remove meat and shred using two forks and removing any fat.
- Return to sauce in slow cooker and heat through. Serve on buns and enjoy!