Just like you would get in New Orleans! This tongue tingling Slow Cooker Jambalaya Recipe is a keeper for a delicious supper any night of the week!
Everyone needs a healthy dinner to turn to on busy evenings, and this Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Jambalaya is just the answer! Full of chicken and shrimp for lean protein, plus plenty of nourishing veggies, this easy dinner recipe will fill you up and keep you cozy on a cool night!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 pound andouille sausage links sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp 13-15 count
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours), in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.
- Serve over rice.