Melting Potatoes – An incredible side dish packed with flavor that will melt in your mouth! Yukon gold potatoes sliced and baked in a blend of seasonings, butter, and broth. Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside.
Easy Melting Potatoes Recipes
Magical roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth on the inside in a tasty lemon an garlic sauce!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled
- 6 tablespoons Challenge butter melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves lightly crushed and peeled
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Square off ends of potatoes and cut into 3/4 to 1-inch thick disks.
- Toss potato slices in butter mixture and arrange in a single layer in a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and use a spatula to flip potatoes over. Place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and flip potatoes one more time. Add chicken broth and garlic. Place back in oven until potatoes are tender, about another 15 minutes.
- Baste potatoes with sauce and serve.
Be sure to use a metal baking pan. A glass baking dish can shatter in a very hot oven.