Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread loaded with cheese garlic herb butter. Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread is quick under 30 mins. Perfect for the busy holiday seasons! Good for party as an appetizer.
One of the things that I’ve noticed during the holiday season is that many families are so busy and stressed about dinner time with the family, but with this Easy Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread your family can have a home cooked meal at home without the stress this holiday season.
It’s basically a cheesy garlic bread, but so much more fun AND delicious! Cheese, garlic and bread – in pull apart bread form. You can’t go wrong. Guaranteed to be the most popular thing at any gathering you take it to!
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- 1 Artisan bread loaf
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounce Monterey jack cheese with jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced or minced
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically into 1-inch cubes, leaving the bottom of the loaf intact with the bread pieces still attached.
- Slice cheese, then garlic.
- Combine red pepper flakes with chopped chives in a small bowl.
- Lay the bread on a piece of foil. (The foil should be large enough the wrap the bread.) Gently stuff the cheese slices into the bread between the bread slices. (The Kitchn recommends to stuff between the vertical slices first, then go back and fill in the spaces between the horizontal cuts — it’s a bit easier this way! It also helps to have a helper who can hold the slices apart while you stuff.)
- Next, add the red pepper flakes and chives right next to each cheese slice in the bread.
- Now, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat on your stove top. Stir in sliced (or mincegarlic, switch to medium-low heat, and let the garlic cook in the butter for 2-3 more minutes until fragrant.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the garlic slices into the bread between the bread slices. Brush the infused butter all over the bread.
- Wrap the prepared bread with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Unwrap the top and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the top of the bread is crispy. Enjoy!
- You can use any type of cheese for this recipe. Shredded ones work just fine.
- For a more meaty flavor, bacon bits, sausage, ham pieces can be mixed in into the stuffing.
- Other spice ideas include chipotle chili pepper, smoked Spanish paprika, garlic powder, etc.