This Super Easy Mexican Cornbread recipe is one of the best cornbread’s I’ve ever had! The cornbread mix is filled with jalapeños and cheese making this the perfect side dish.
Mexican cornbread is a moist, slightly sweet cornbread flavored with a tiny pepper kick to keep it interesting. A delicious cornbread with a hint of Mexico. Add Mexican cornbread to a hamburger or Taco soup meal. It’s so delicious.
Super Easy Mexican Cornbread
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cream style sweet corn
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 4.5 oz mild chopped green chiles canned
- 1/4 cup chopped jarred jalapeño slices chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until everything is combined and just moistened.
- Spread in the dish of your choice and bake according to the directions for your choice below.
Cook time guide:
- Cornbread should be cooked until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1- 8x8 square pan- 40-50 minutes1- 8 in round- 40-50 minutes1- 11x7 rectangle dish- 35-40 minutes12 corn muffins- 15-20 minutes