Once you make these Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch, you’ll never make them any other way! Homemade Super Easy Buttermilk Pancakes always turn out so light and fluffy.
Pancakes have got to be America’s favorite breakfast. They are everywhere and are soooo delicious. Somehow, having pancakes for breakfast makes me feel at home, no matter where I’m at.
Super Easy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil for greasing skillet & pancake mold
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then beat in the buttermilk.
- Add the egg and buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk lightly.
- Whisk in the melted butter.
- Heat an electric skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Brush the skillet and the heart shaped molds with vegetable oil.
- Set the pancake mold on the skillet and pour in less than 1/4 cup of batter (depending on the size of your molds), spreading it out to fill the mold.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pancake molds and flip the pancakes over to finish cooking.
- Brush the skillet and the pancake molds before cooking more pancakes.
- Substitute for buttermilk: Mix together 2 cups of milk with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.