These Sausage & Egg Hash Brown Cups will wow your brunch guests! The tasty little breakfast cups are super versatile so you can add whatever toppings you would like!
Do you ever have breakfast for dinner? We like to do that sometimes and these eggs in a nest are perfect. They also warm up really well so you can meal prep them on Sunday and have them ready for breakfast all week.
These breakfast cups are easy to make and perfect to take on the go!
Sausage & Egg Hash Brown Cups
- 20 oz refrigerated hash browns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage
- salt and pepper to tast
- 12 medium eggs
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp chives thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Divide Jimmy Dean sausage into 12 equal patties and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450F.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, one cup of cheese, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Generously spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop out rounded one-quarter cup of hash brown mixture and press into each well of the muffin pan. Use a spoon or your fingers to pack the mixture in tightly. Spray with additional nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a spoon to carefully press hash browns down and up the sides of each hash brown cup to create a cup or nest shape.
- Place a sausage patty in each hash brown cup, trimming the patties if needed.
- Carefully top each sausage patty with an egg.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of each egg and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before carefully removing with a spoon.
- Top with fresh fresh chives if desired.