This Citrus Kombucha Mezcal cocktail is one of my most made drinks. A healthy cocktail that adds a probiotic punch!
Summer is officially here! The days are getting longer and warmer, which means we’re officially in that summer state of mind. With Summer comes BBQ’s, pool (or beach) days, and evenings spent outside with friends. In the spirit of our favorite season, we’re excited to be launching our new flavor, Citrus Kombucha Mezcal Cocktails.
With the kombucha trend making its way into cocktails, here’s how to make a Citrus Kombucha Mezcal Cocktails using flavoured kombucha as a cocktail modifier.
Citrus Kombucha Mezcal Cocktails
- Mint to garnish optional
- Coarse Salt for glasses
- 1 lime – juiced plus extra slices to garnish
- 2 ounces ounce orange juice
- Muddled herbs of choice like mint and/or basil
- 4 –6 ounces Mezcal – depends on how strong you like your cocktails
- 1/4 c honey or agave or to taste
- Optional ice – large cube or crushed
- 1 large grapefruit -juiced plus extra slices for garnish
- 12 –14 ounces your favorite kombucha – ex: ginger berry, citrus, or tropical flavor.
- Optional 4 ounces flavored sparkling water or club soda/water
- In a large container or glass juice your grapefruit, lime, and orange. Be sure to save extra slices for garnishing. Mix in muddled herbs of choice (like mint and/or basil), if desired.
- Add the mezcal and then stir in honey or agave. Adjust to taste.
- Take the sliced/cut lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it. Then dip each glass in the coarse salt (if desireand add a touch of crushed ice. Ice is optional but not needed.
- Next Pour the mezcal citrus juice blend evenly into glasses .
- Top each glass with 3 -4 ounces (or more if desirewith kombucha 12-14 ounces total.
- If you want extra fizz and have run out of kombucha add sparkling water/soda into each glass. )
- Garnish with sliced citrus and herbs