Snow Christmas cupcakes are gluten free using our organically sourced Coconut Flour and paired with a delicious white chocolate, snow icing frosting.
These adorable cupcakes look like little Santa hats and we can’t get enough of them here at Organic Times. Your wonderfully crafted Snow Cupcakes would be perfect for the work Christmas party or the end of year school function. You are sure to have none left at the end!
Christmas Snow Cupcakes
For the Angel Food Cupcakes:
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1½ cups sifted cake flour
- 12 egg whites, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- zest of one organic lemon
When Ready To Serve:
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Fresh Raspberries
- Confectioners’ Sugar
Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse sugar until it is superfine. Roughly two minutes on low.
- Combine ½ cup sugar with cake flour and sift together four times. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer filled with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tarter until medium firm peaks.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 ½ cups sugar over egg whites with mixer running. Mix until thick and shiny.
- Add lemon zest. Mix several additional minutes until very thick. Remove bowl from stand mixer. Scrape down whisk attachment, removing all egg whites and zest.
- Sprinkle ¼ of flour mixture into bowl and gently fold into egg whites using a clean rubber spatula. Repeat until all flour has been added.
- Spoon batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake wrappers. Fill each wrapper almost to the very top. Smooth top.
- Bake 17 – 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin to cool completely.
When Ready To Serve:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk chilled heavy cream and 4 tablespoons sugar until you have soft peaks.
- When ready to serve, spoon a dollop of whipped cream on top of each cupcake. Top with a fresh raspberry and a sprinkle of confectioners sugar, if desired.
- To make whipped cream topping in advance, use mousse powder, gelatin, cream cheese or another stabilizer to prevent the cream from deflating.