Soft and chewy, these Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies are bursting with the flavor of toasted almond, the tart-sweetness of juicy cherries, and the bittersweet notes of dark chocolate.
If you’re craving chocolate desserts, these Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies will surely satisfy! In addition to the dark chocolate in the chocolate-almond cookie dough, we drizzle a rich, almond-scented chocolate glaze on top.
Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies
- 1-2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ¾ cups Sugar
- 2 ¼ cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Butter cut into cubes
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 large Chocolate Bar preferably with cherries and almonds such as Theo chocolate
- ¾ cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream cold butter cubes and sugar for at least 4 minutes, scraping the bowl halfway through mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, dried cherries, and almonds. If using a chopped up chocolate bar, strategically place it on the top of cookie dough balls.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.